SAP has introduced SAP Intelligent Asset Management, a set of solutions bringing collaborative asset intelligence, planning, prediction and simulation to equipment maintenance and operations.
Assets and equipment today are transmitting their voice through the Internet of Things (IoT) and embedded in technologies that allow them to be managed in an entirely new way. SAP is adding intelligent capabilities to help manufacturers and asset operators maximise productivity, improve operational safety and reduce maintenance costs through better planning.
“Industrial managers know that it’s no longer sufficient to be reactive when it comes to managing assets. Companies need a collection of technologies to support new services and to substantially reduce unplanned equipment downtime,” said Greg Gorbach, vice president, ARC Advisory Group.
“Sensor-enabled equipment, digital twins, a common data set and machine learning–based predictive capabilities are all required. An intelligent approach is to deploy integrated technologies and enable collaboration among networked stakeholders who can access shared data in support of common business goals.”
SAP Intelligent Asset Management solutions comprise five cloud offerings that share a common central asset data foundation. They enable full digital representation of physical objects, including real-time sensor data for end-to-end visibility and real-time insight across the operating landscape of connected assets. SAP Intelligent Asset Management takes advantage of SAP Leonardo technologies, such as IoT and machine learning, to deliver sensor-enabled insights, automation and predictive maintenance.
It uses digital twin technology for simulations, 3D visualisations and predictive engineering insights. SAP Intelligent Asset Management solutions complement SAP S/4HANA and ERP solutions.
The integrated set of solutions includes capabilities for centralised asset intelligence; collaboration and networks; strategy and performance; condition monitoring, prediction and simulation; and mobile asset management. With SAP Intelligent Asset Management, manufacturers and asset operators can:
- Adopt new collaborative business models to grow revenue streams
- Offer customers value-added digital services, such as value packages, premium services, firmware updates and specialised asset-specific applications
- Connect assets through IoT for condition monitoring and provide equipment health alerts using machine learning–enabled predictive maintenance and physics-based simulations
- Plan asset maintenance strategically, considering factors such as risk, reliability and impact, and adopt reliability-centered maintenance processes for best performance at lowest cost
- Allow remote access to mobile-enabled maintenance processes and asset intelligence networks for easy and timely execution of asset management tasks
- Create a digital reality to inspect, prescribe the solution and simulate the impact on revenue and cost
Hala Zeine, president, SAP Digital Supply Chain, SAP said,
“We are delivering intelligent technologies to help our customers define, plan, execute and monitor optimal service and maintenance strategies to drive smarter decisions, improve reliability and reduce outages,”
“SAP Intelligent Asset Management helps our customers connect digitally with a single data set across all assets so that they can perfect reality from design to operation.”